Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Beauty Of Trash

 (Instant Karma hit me. I was bragging about how when I get sick I don't take antibiotics. Well, last night, my head just felt all swelled up and my throat was sore and I could not swallow without pain. After tylenol, chloraseptic and sleeping most of the day.  I can swallow now. And I get to eat ice cream with out guilt).

According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average American produces about 4.4 pounds (2 kg) of garbage a day, or a total of 29 pounds (13 kg) per week and 1,600 pounds (726 kg) a year. This only takes into consideration the average household member and does not count industrial waste or commercial trash. If this sounds like a staggering number, you would be surprised to know that Americans are not the number one producers of garbage in the world. In Mexico, the average household produces 30 percent more garbage than in America.

While the numbers may be difficult to grasp, consider this: with the garbage produced in America alone, you could form a line of filled-up garbage trucks and reach the moon. Or cover the state of Texas two and a half times. Or bury more than 990,000 football fields under six-foot high (1.8 meter high) piles of waste. According to WM Recycle America, LLC, Americans alone throw away enough aluminum to duplicate the full commercial air fleet of the US


With all this build up, there are some ingenious people who see it as a venue of expression.


When I crawl The Virtual Dumpster I call the Internet:

When I Google "Art From Trash" = About 27,000,000 results (0.27 seconds)  
When I image Google "Art From Trash" = About 8,750,000 results (0.59 seconds)

 
Florie Salnot Website
Plastic Bottle Project
























Paul Villinski Website
Beer cans.




Robert Bradford Website
3D Plastic
This artist uses old toys.


 
 


 
























Sandi Schimmel Gold Website
 This is one of many. The artist does not like to have other sites transmit her images. I think that this piece is so beautiful, I hope she doesn't mind my small piece free advertisement in the vast Virtual Dumpster that I call the Internet. 
Her art is made from otherwise useless junk mail and transformed!

  


 Cult Case Online Magazine article on tin can art





Charles Kaufman On Facebook






Here is a slide show site that has 100 Trashy Transformations  it will keep you busy if you are curious!




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

BB said...

That is using the imagination for recycling. Cool.