Saturday, July 9, 2011

Asparagus Hunt

As I crawled the Virtual Dumpster I call the Internet...
I had to get the fuck out of the house. Having fu fu'd 3 days on my diet, the house no matter how air conditioned cozy it is, was full of carby temptation and I needed to find my head. I got on the scooter and headed out into the Ideeho country side in search of the famed "ditch asparagus".


  


Yummy.  Found a few in the 6 mile stretch...and found some peace out there with the wind in my hair!
Had no idea how the photos were going to look like because LCD and sun don't go together.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Al Penwasser said...

But, do these make your pee smell, too?

Bluezy said...

I have not really tested that, yet I had heard of it vaguely in the past...
according to the wiki, though I may not have the genome...to smell it. Hmmm...

It is believed most people produce the odorous compounds after eating asparagus, but only about 22% of the population have the autosomal genes required to smell them

"In 2010, the company 23andMe published a genome-wide association study on whether participants have "ever noticed a peculiar odor when you pee after eating asparagus?" This study pinpointed a single-nucleotide polymorphism(SNP) in a cluster of olfactory genes associated with the ability to detect the odor. While this SNP did not explain all of the difference in detection between people, it provides support for the theory that there are genetic differences in olfactory receptors that lead people to be unable to smell these odorous compounds".

Tim Chaney said...

You are lucky if you can't smell it, but it's so good~! The asparagus that is, not the smell!

With the exception of a few hills in those pictures, your area looks a lot like rural areas here.

The ditch banks near waterfronts and around farm fields are where to find that wild asparagus.