Monday, October 18, 2010

Bette Blank Art























A water witch or dowser [link]
 My surf habits are like a Divining Rod to my own personal weird or likes. I feel like I get lucky and I MUST share.  Hope you don't mind...

Back before the dumpster locks, trash in one receptacle regulations and when I lived in a large metro area, I went on some diving trips when bored.  I also likes trash day and to drive slow past some of them.  I found some good shit.

Bluezy's Virtual Dumpster Dive was created for me to share my surfing experience. In lieu of hitting the FaceGook share button, I could dump it here was my original thought.  



I just don't sit at my computer desk all day blogging.  There is an editor on Blogger that saves drafts and even schedules posts.  I find treasures from my virtual dumpster (the internet) I will start a post and then piece it together slowly, but surely.  

My "The Censored Matrix USA part III "One day as a Pirate" is still in editing stage.  
On my way searching for images I found:

BETTE BLANK


There is ownership to everything on the internet.  If I find a pic that I want to alter, it could be offensive to the creator of the original.  In my feelings, I was honoring it by choice and being lazy because I can't just go out and get that pic or the art done I want to alter is just perfect for my needs.  Again laziness sets in and tells me I am thinking too much and so just go do what I can do and hope not to offend.  I will exclude this ONE below and link it to the webpage of origin.  I wanted to find a caddy and put a DVD disk in it driving then I found this sort of Pop Art picture by Bette Blank.  I like that name, 
I am taking a pause in my self indulging blogging to really see this.  Bette's got it going on for quite a while. OH yeah I am an Idiot Savant in art as well.  Take me seriously.  In another life I could of been an entrepeneur.

 





You MUST see all her stuff and her resume and know that it might be a 300x600 copy and link from Google Image Search, but according to her resume BETTE BLANK is far from a literal blank.  She sports some mighty fine laurels.  "Bette Blank has a Ph.D. in Engineering from U.C. Berkeley, but her art is about the emotions and feelings of everyday life. In 2000, Blank gave up her day job to pursue painting full-time. According to the artist, it was her mother’s death which caused her finally to pursue her dream..."  By the way, Bette Blank is not a pseudonym.  She is as real as her work!


[click here to see the State Of the Arts Video with Bette talking about her story] quotations above source

[click here to see a linkable list of her art]


[click here to read Bette's resume'].  

[click here to Adam Baumgold Gallery to see more Bette]

The show was aired this summer.  I swear I have a divining rod to my virtual dumpster.  This woman is inspiration to people like me.  I have this desire and drive to just start showing my creative insides.  The blog and my photo manipulating is just a start.
My daughters have the art in them. 
My eldest daughter has a furry alter ego. This is her self portrait:



this is just one of many including comics, poetry and story writing.
[link to Raayven Wolfgirl web pages here]

Thank you for visiting my blog!
Bluezy (Susan)

3 comments:

Kacey said...

Heh, That's such an old picture. XD But thanks Mom, for posting me here! I should give you a newer picture, ^^

Bluezy said...

You need to put a page on your website. You are only getting better dear!

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your urls with Shortest and get money for every visit to your shortened urls.