Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Swallowtail

As I crawled in the Virtual Dumpster I call the Internet...
I was researching old style music to accompany my new art project called "Fatten The Flapper". I picked out some stuff to share as always!


Cartoon from YouTube 1931 Merrie Melodies

I start out with a skinny Flapper and then fatten her. I presented this as like a before and after diet pic.





That wah wah sound is called a Mute. I really like the way it sounds in the old sounds. They use it for the mom sound in Peanuts, too.
Back before they made what is called a Harmon Mute, they used all sorts of things.
One thing was the bowler or derby hat.






Imma just a crazy blogger on a crazy day! Have a good one.

1 comment:

BB said...

I love the Peanuts Mom "wah, wah, wah" sound. I sometimes move my fingers up and down like I'm talking and do that when Bruce says something I don't want to hear. I'm so not nice!