Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flash

As I crawled the Virtual Dumpster I call the Internet,

No Not this Flash...He's cool , though!
I was uploading some new stuff to my Deviant Art Gallery, I was checking out the artists that I watch. One of them had a tutorial long ago on how to make a dress up game using Adobe Flash Pro, but the software is in the hundreds of dollars and I just don't want to invest in that yet. It was categorized as "Flash Interactive" and it made me think of googling this.

 Before I google let me explain what Flash is to those who are techie challenged  to know what Flash does for you.
Adobe Flash (formerly SmartSketch FutureSplash, FutureSplash Animator and Macromedia Flash) is a multimedia platform used to add animation, video, and interactivity to web pages. Flash is frequently used for advertisements, games and flash animations for broadcast. More recently, it has been positioned as a tool for "Rich Internet Applications" ("RIAs").(from Wiki)
A dead give away that a website is Flash is that it has to load. [click here to Prism Girl] an awesome graphic flash page, but it is a bit confusing where it goes. Click around. And enjoy the pic.

Click here to see the Lego Interactive site.

You perchance have dived into the Virtual Dumpster and have been pleased to see a graphic website that uses Flash. Harry Potter used some Flash and some rock bands use flash. This design studio has an awesome title screen [click here]
Creatica is a website that has lists of examples in the newest creation you can [click here] to see the pages of flash websites they have collected.

I googled "flash interactive" and got About 147,000,000 results (0.12 seconds)
The first result leads you to one of my favorite old school sites Albino Blacksheep that has a broad library of flash and interactive flash. Below is a cool embed of a zoom interactive flash and there are more way cool ones there, so check them out. YouTube has some videos of this with different songs using this, but I want you to check out the mouse interaction.
Click on the text that says "Click to Start". Hold the mouse on the center with the left button held down drag  up for forward zoom or  back for backward zoom.





Play Free Addicting Games






Here is a link that give you a virtual tour of the new money from $5 to $100 [click here] it is cool you can maginfy, and shine light on it.

And the best for last:  

Some users feel that Flash enriches their web experience (like me), while others find the extensive use of Flash animation, particularly in advertising, intrusive and annoying, giving rise to a cottage industry that specializes in blocking Flash content. Flash has also been criticized for adversely affecting the usability of web pages. (again from wiki)


Have a great 4th Of July Weekend!!

1 comment:

BB said...

I miss gambling so I have been spending lots of time on AOL games playing blackjack. It's so fun and can chat with the people at your table. It's free and it's not $ coming out of my pocket! Happy 4th of July.