Friday, June 17, 2011

My Chug Dog

As I crawled the Virtual Dumpster I call the Internet...

I thought of my dog. I have a new one. It seems that I am the dog lady. My daddy was born in 1922 in Oklahoma, but they were on their way to Missouri. He was raised in the Adirondacks where the Hillbillies lived. We have a picture of him in 1927 sitting on a haystack holding a rifle. My dad had stories about him and his dog that were as deeply emotional as "Old Yeller". Coon hunting and copperheads and water moccasins.


That is where I get my doggie magnetism. I also get my female Tom Sawyerish way and the Missouri "show me" need.
So all the dogs that come into my life are bound to be mine. I have to warn people that they best not get jealous, that it is just my hillbillie genes that dogs can sense
Jack, below was supposed to be my daughter's and the kid's dog. But with in two weeks, the dog just figured he'd follow me around and just be....well my Chuggy Jack.



I'm zero carbs, but MY master won't eat me!
When Chuggy Jack is bad, I tell him "Watch out dogs are zero carbs"! I just tease him, but as small as he is, you think that when a human, especially a large human approaches, animals might think that they are gonna get eaten. In a doggie's mind. I also go up to him with my finger pointed like a gun and make a "pshiew" sound and he rolls on his back with his legs up. I discovered this one morning and when my grand kids woke up, I rushed them to my room. OMG the laughter.


500 dogs saved April 2011 in China by a dog lover link here
"Dog meat is good for your health and metabolism," explains Li, the hostess who declined to give her first name. "In the summer it helps you sweat."
[CNN news story link]


Looks just like my hairy man. Best dog ever. RIP
No wonder Chow's are good fighters like my pupper doggers Sabbath RIP -the best dog ever! And if you have ever seen "Hachikō: A Dog Story"? My dog Sabbath was a chow lab or what I/they call "chowbrador". He was black and short haired, but he looked like a small black Akita. When I watched Hachikō (Hachi) for short (a 2009 doggie movie with Richard Gere), I cried the hardest I have in such a long time. I would put up real picture, but all my pictures got destroyed in a flood. I would say "Demon Dog" and he would play out this mean look and well you just had to be there. Such a loyal dog, too. Many many stories of his loyalty.
He would get out to go find some doggie (as I called it) like Houdini, he could get out. I used to say, well he is part Chow Chow, so it is in his genes to be smart and get away or be food. LOL
This is not a joke, though. Many Chinese citizens consider it a right to eat what they want. They believe those nations opposing it are just trying to be culturally superior.
Luo Yonghao (罗永浩), founder of Bullog.cn, one of China’s most liberal and edgy blog portal, wrote, “Those dogs are private property. Those who own it can do whatever to them, just like those who pet dogs and love dogs all get their dogs neutered. Have you considered rescuing the little ones’ genitals? Whoever waylaid them is a stupid cunt.”
Have a great Daddy day weekend.

There is actually a big event here in Ideeho Falls. Idaho Falls has a very large Mormon population.
Mormon's are patriarchal, Mother's day had no big event at the river. I will be there with my scooterbutt.
5 dollar admission trying to ward off the concession smells. Hope I run into someone who hasn't seen me in a while and they notice the 31 pounds lost.



3 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

Great post. And a great job on your endeavor. They say the first 25 is the easiest, you've surpassed that and keep on truckin'!

BB said...

31?? Awesome! Cute dog btw!

Anonymous said...

That looks like my dog. How big is jack?