Monday, August 1, 2011

Take A Picture!

As I crawled The Virtual Dumpster I call The Internet....

This is one of 103 shadow photos submitted  from a shoot project
@ Gizmodo Photography
 I did not know of photography sites and shoot projects. I wanted this picture to be the thumbnail to my post, so I put it up here first...



What got me started on my crawl today was that I encountered a photographer that does some cool shit. I actually have a friend who did this with their family portrait 25 years later all positioned the same and thought it was cool...but Argentinian photographer Irene Werning has a project of doing that and it looks so awesome! I selected one that I like, but this is a cool OMG LOL browse so go there and check out her "Back To The Future Project" to see the rest.

this is the same person 1987 & 2010!
This one is from Irene's project called "Mi Pelo Largo Querido".
 Just because it is what I do....I Image Googled "award winning photography" and got about 18,400,000 results (0.32 seconds). I am an art image freak when it comes to The Virtual Dumpster I call The Internet. I don't really see enough photography as I like to see painted, drawn or created. Yet when photographers have an exceptional eye...it is a good thing to see. I could put a bunch of them on here to share, but I am going to select my own outstanding list of images from memory and random crawling...using my unusual "eye". Please enjoy listening to one of my fave 90's groups-Filter-as you read my post!

This one is from my favorite art share place...





f f by `gnato on deviantART
 

The one below I posted on my blog after searching "butt crack" back in October 2010
I tried to find it again at better resolution...and no such luck even the source I left has archived it and has no search bar.

Below is a favorite of mine and I can't find who actually took it.
If  your mate, partner or love ones have trouble liking this...I am so sorry. Keep looking!

Then while searching for the above photo, I found this clever posed photo!

So then I decided to Image Google "clever photography ideas" and got about 3,070,000 results (0.26 seconds. Here are my choices:


The two from above come from a blog called Moinid and I found the categories on their sidebar a worth while clicky peeky.

The image below is from a shadow photography contest through About.com  where you can see the ten finalists by clicking the previous link. Hell I did not know About had contests...and the winning one caught my eye on a search. Got lucky on this one. As a poor person...I can't just buy a print and say that is part of my budget, but this one is high res and if we had a Kinkos here...I'd have to try to reproduce a larger copy to hang. I am partial to daisy like flowers. This is a Black Eyed Susan..lol so yeah I guess I like that I share names with a flower but my eyes are brown...
There is a whole category of shadow photography if you image Google it you get about 7,480,000 results (0.39 seconds)! I like this category a lot and clicked many images!


This one below also I picked specially from The Virtual Dumpster is a treasure.It is by  Lubomir Bukov and is called- Shadows of The Past.

This is from Russ And Reyn
Russ and Reyn are a conceptual photography team from NYC and they have a cool cool website that is flash. It is yet another category to google search "conceptual photography".

As I crawl in The Virtual Dumpster I call The Internet....I keep digging and finding soooo sooo much cool shit to look at!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are enjoying the summer!

3 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

Good finds. I like the one lady in the horse stable with those heel shoes on LoL!

BB said...

I love that picture of the old couple. I hope to be like that when I'm old!

Bluezy said...

Well BB...you sure can find a grassy dune around where you live and in 30 yrs I hope to see it on your blog.