Friday, October 14, 2011

I crawled!

As I crawled in the Virtual Dumpster I call The Internet, 
The theme of my diet blog is before and after and I manipulate mostly vintage posters into before and after pictures to begin each blog post. I managed to meet a fair amount of bloggers with the same goal.
When I Google image search "vintage posters" I get about 2,530,000 results (0.35 seconds)

I noticed a fair share of recent ones I have done "vintage chocolate posters" are French! I wondered why and of course, Googled it.

It was during a period called "The Belle Époque" 1880–1914 in France which included the famous Henri de Toulouse Latrec. Toulouse Latrec painted and  did many Moulin Rouge Posters. He featured a can can dancer by the name of Jane Avril.


That first photo looks like she is holding a fake leg, but I guess she CAN can those yams! LOL
Toulouse Latrec"s,  history is interesting.[here]


Toulouse Latrec is not my favorite.
Not all of these are French, but are of the era.



Chocolate never looked this good in my day!

3 comments:

kingrpg said...

Her legs are amazing. She was the original!

Tim Chaney said...

Original working gurl? ; )

Bluezy said...

Or Pole dancing sans pole...showing ankles back then was sexy. Showing calves was burlesque!