Wednesday, November 2, 2011

TAKE A SQUIZZ !


As I crawl The Virtual Dumpster I call The Internet...

I remember watching this when it came out on MTV! INXS a band other than AC/DC from Australia!

And about "communicate" in regards to Australians...
I wanted to be witty when commenting on a blog I follow from Australia. I looked up some Aussie Slang!
Now I wish I was an Aussie. Not only do they have a wonderful accent, but a wonderful way of saying things! I personally chose the crude ones. It is my way.


Squizz (noun) : look - "take a squizz at this"
Kangaroos loose in the top paddock : Intellectually inadequate ("he's got kangaroos loose in the top paddock")
Who opened their lunch? : OK, who farted?
Donger : penis
Doodle : penis
Old fella : penis
Freckle : anus
Clacker : anus (from Latin cloaca = sewer). Also the single orifice of monotremes (platypus and echidna) used both for reproduction and for the elimination of body wastes.Brown-eyed mullet : a turd in the sea (where you're swimming!)
Bush oyster : nasal mucus (I personally call oysters on a half shell-loogies on a half shell)
Crack a fat : get an erection
Liquid laugh : vomit
Root rat : somebody who is constantly looking for sex.
Sheepshagger : A New Zealander
Australia's most popular beer made by Foster

Coldie : a beer
Goog, as full as a : drunk. "Goog" is a variation of the northern English slangword "goggie" meaning an egg.
Wobbly boot on, he's got the : drunk
Full : drunk
Screamer : party lover; "two pot screamer" - somebody who gets drunk on very little alcohol
Schooner : large beer glass in Queensland; medium beer glass in South Australia
Skull/Skol (a beer) : to drink a beer in a single draught without taking a breath
Slab : a carton of 24 bottles or cans of beer

Just a vacation going to a local "pub' you don't have to be drunk to be confused. LOL!

Currently one third of the packaged beer sales in Australia are of VB. It is available in 375 mL cans ("tinnies"), short-necked 375 mL bottles ("stubbies"), 750 mL bottles ("Long Necks", "King Browns" or "Tallies") and "Twisties", "Throwies", "Throwdowns" or "Grenades" (250 ml bottles in the State of New South Wales). As of 2005 VB also comes in 500 ml tinnies ("Lunch Greens"), which are commonly drunk by trade workers on lunch, being just enough to quench their thirst. It used to be available in the Northern Territory in a 1 litre tinnie nicknamed a 'Killer can' (Kilo can). As with all packaged beer sold in Australia it was for many years only available in 750 mL or 26 2/3 fl oz (1/6 imperial gallon) bottles, until the introduction of "stubbies" and smaller cans. (from wiki)

3 comments:

BB said...

This was a great post. My good friend Mynx from Dribble is an Aussie so I've learned some fun words from her. Now I know some. Thanks. Hope you're doing well sweetie.

Al Penwasser said...

What about 'Men at Work"? Ooh, that's probably a sensitive subject.
Tell you what, you don't mention Devo, I won't mention
Men at Work.
G'day.

Bluezy said...

Yes there is a long list of Aussie rock stars and bands. I went with one, and almost included the list in my post that I found.