Saturday, August 1, 2020

NEOWISE...meh!

As I crawl in The Virtual Dumpster that IS the Internet....

[source]
NEOWISE stands for Near Earth Object Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer. It is named after the device used that sighted the comet for the first time.


How fucking boring is that?



I can't imagine the lack of romantic thought in these analytical scientists. Please! the universe is beautiful and speak of it with beautiful words!


I would of liked that they honored it with some SciFi pop culture. My own choice would of been Star Wars. I would of honored the lovely Carrie Fisher. The way she died. So sad that her mom died shortly after. The love of mom and daughter. Omg...what a way to go. And the fandom and the hard work it took to CGI her Leia persona after death! People who are critical of Disney and the Star Wars saga after Lucas Film can just FUCK OFF AND DIE.

RIP Leia and Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.


I would of liked them to call it:


The Leia's Lament Comet



[source]



[source]




No comments: